Come one, come all to our Annual Meeting & Volunteer Recognition Reception from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 26, at the Presbyterian Church Parish House in Morristown. Please join us for socializing and light refreshments. Celebrate our accomplishments in 2019 and learn what we have planned for 2020 and beyond. Help us recognize some of our many invaluable volunteers.
ROXBURY TWP. – Nicole and Daniel Pope of Flanders have been paying $1,800 a month to rent a two-bedroom apartment in Flanders.
ROXBURY, NJ – Roxbury Mayor Bob DeFillippo on Friday welcomed three families to town as Morris Habitat for Humanity celebrated the completion of a 6-unit condominium building on Main Street in Succasunna.
After a long weekend of eating and focusing on how thankful we are for what we have, followed by several days of shopping in stores and online, #GivingTuesday is a day to give back to the community or to a non-profit of your choice.
This year we hope you will consider supporting us on Tuesday, December 3, 2019, using one of three very easy ways to donate:
- Give directly to Morris Habitat via our secure online donation form.
- Text MORRISHABITAT to 243-725.
- Log onto our Facebook page on Tuesday, December 3, at 8:00 a.m. EST and find our DONATE button. Facebook is matching up to $7 million in donations across all organizations on a first come, first served basis…so donate early and often!
Please check with your employer to see if they are offering matching donations, either on Giving Tuesday or any day throughout the remainder of the year. You can search this directory of matching employers, although it may not be a comprehensive list.
You can also donate by shopping:
- Shop for new and gently-used building supplies and furnishings at the ReStore in Randolph.
- Choose Morris Habitat for Humanity as your charity of choice when shopping online. If you start your shopping at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. Or shop through GoodShop to find coupon offers from more than 30,000 stores when you click “Shop Now.” An average of 3% of your online purchase amount will go to Morris Habitat as your designated charity.
We appreciate all contributions and accept them throughout the year. They will be used to build safe, decent affordable housing for local families in need.
Building a Home for a Veteran:
You can’t have the land of the free without a home for the Brave.
Thank you to everyone who helped make WDHA & WMTR’s Hammer for Heroes 2019 a success! Volunteers from businesses and the community converged on the Beyer Ford dealership in Morristown on May 2 and 3 to frame walls for the future home of veteran Daniel Pope, his wife and three daughters. They will reside at our Main Street project in Roxbury Township.
Radio stations WDHA and WMTR not only broadcast live from the Morristown build site each day, but their staff also picked up hammers and built wall panels themselves.
Daniel Pope was in the first ground unit to enter Iraq in the Iraq War in 2003. He was just 17 years old when he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps with permission of a parental waiver. Daniel’s first day of boot camp was 9/11, and he graduated on Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. The former Secretary of Defense, General James Mattis, led his unit’s charge into Iraq.
Video by WABC-TV New York plays for 2 minutes and 10 seconds.