Apply for Home Ownership
Affordable Home Ownership Opportunity
The Crossings at Bennett Avenue—2nd Phase
42 Bennett Avenue, Randolph, NJ
Applications for those who attended a mandatory information session are due October 11, 2022.
The random selection drawing will be held November 29, 2022.
Affordable Homeownership Opportunity in Summit, NJ!
This 12 unit Condo complex at 146 Morris Avenue in Summit is a combination of 2 and 3 bedroom homes.
Applications will be accepted until all homes are sold.
Learn about qualifications here.
Read more about the project here.
Fill out an application for the Summit project here (application for this project only).
If you would like to be notified by email about upcoming selections for future openings, please fill out the online form at the bottom of this page.
To find out more about the program, contact Loretta Rivers, Director of Family Services, by email to email@example.com or by calling 973.891.1934 ext. 154.
- All potential applicants must attend a Program Information Meeting. These meetings are held at the beginning of each household selection period. Applications will be available at the conclusion of these meetings.
- Submit the application with all of the required documents by the due date which will be announced at the Program Information Meeting.
- Habitat calculates your income, pulls a credit report and reviews your finances.
- After an applicant qualifies financially, a home visit is conducted. Two members of the Family Selection Committee will arrange a time to visit and interview at the applicant’s current residence. All members of the household must be present at this meeting. The need for our housing program and the applicant’s willingness to participate are discussed at this meeting.
- All fully qualified applicants are then entered into a lottery for the available house(s).
- If you are picked at the lottery, a criminal background check will be run on all household members, aged 16 and above. A previous conviction may disqualify an applicant from homeownership. In determining eligibility, Morris Habitat for Humanity will consider several factors. Documents outlining the policy will be provided upon request.
- An in-take meeting is then held at the Habitat office where all paperwork is reviewed and signed.
Due to the nature of Habitat’s program requirements, we cannot help families in emergency situations. For immediate housing assistance, call 2-1-1 or visit http://www.nj211.org/ to connect to such services through the NJ 2-1-1 Partnership.