Want to travel? Like helping others? Enjoy meeting interesting new people? Excited to be part of a diverse team? Have an open mind? Want to support Habitat for Humanity? Ready to make a difference?
Let’s go to Macedonia! (virtually, of course!!)
Morris Habitat for Humanity is hosting a virtual Habitat Global Village Trip luncheon to Veles, Macedonia, on Friday, May 29, from noon to 1:30 p.m. You will be in your own home, participating in a Zoom conference on your computer, and eating food prepped by you.
We’ll spend an hour exploring Macedonian culture, food, drink and people, while learning about the families there who need safe housing.
We are looking to put together a group of 35 motivated, funny, flexible, open-minded folks who are excited to serve others, have a great time as a team and explore and learn with us! Please pass this invitation on to anyone – your dad, your friend, your co-worker, your cool boss – that you think would be interested and would be a good addition to our lunchtime team!
About this virtual Global Village Trip fundraising event
You will experience Habitat’s global work by helping homeowners in Macedonia build strength, stability and self-reliance, by learning about Macedonian culture, people, food and drink, and by having fun and meeting some wonderful folks at the same time!
How it works:
The Global Village Trip will be done on the Zoom conference platform, aided by virtual Global Village Trip materials and software. Our virtual Global Trip will be live, and our moderators will walk you through the visit.
- Book your virtual Global Village Trip at the bottom of this page.
- Receive event details, including links to get you in the Macedonian frame of mind; recipes for you to make before the luncheon (including a cooking video on how to make a Veles’ specialty, pita pastrmajlija); an Academy Award-winning movie; and music to enjoy during the virtual trip.
- Be ready to join the virtual Global Village guides on Zoom on Friday, May 29, at 12 noon. Please be prompt.
- Sit back and enjoy your visit!
Introducing our virtual Global Village guides:
- Atanas and Hristina Nakev, members of Morris Habitat’s Leadership Council
- Rilind Jegeni, Volunteer Coordinator of Habitat for Humanity Macedonia
- Rehana Flessner, Morris Habitat’s Global Village leader
- Blair Schleicher Wilson, Morris Habitat’s CEO
Ticket price: Your donation of $50/household to Morris Habitat will help continue our building program here in Morris County and in Macedonia.
Included with each ticket: You may pick up a gift bag at our office in Randolph of:
- A bottle of 2012 Barrique Cabernet Sauvignon, a quality dry red wine from the Veles wine region
- A jar of Ajvar, the national sauce, made of sweet red peppers
RSVP by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26. On our Donate page, use the “Designate this donation to a specific project” section. Check “Yes, please” and fill in “Virtual Global Village Trip to Macedonia” as the project name.