ReStore is now open along with our Construction projects!
Offices are open virtually to the public!
In an effort to protect our staff, volunteers, donors, customers and the families we seek to serve, we have taken unprecedented steps to have our office staff work remotely and to install all necessary precautions at our ReStore and our construction sites. Our priority is always to support the health and safety of our people — and to take a calm and informed approach to address this challenging situation.
With this in mind, effective Friday, May 15, 2020, Morris Habitat has taken the following actions –
- Require all construction volunteers to follow health and social distancing protocols.
- Keep our offices open virtually (only) to the public until further notice.
- Institute stringent health and safety protocols throughout the organization, ReStore warehouse/sales floor, donation pickups and drop offs and construction sites.
RESTORE REOPENED on Friday, June 5, with new health and safety protocols
- NEW HOURS: The ReStore will be open Tuesday–Saturday from 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., with 10:00–11:00 a.m. reserved for elderly and immunocompromised shoppers.
- Only shoppers wearing masks will be permitted to enter.
- Online shopping continues with additional inventory added every day.
- You may drop off donations, or you can schedule a pick-up in the local area by filling out the pick-up request form on the ReStore Donate page, by emailing ReStore.Donations@morrishabitat.org or by calling 973-366-3358 ext. 210.
If you have a question, please email our general mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 973.891.1934. All calls and emails will be returned within 24 hours.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and we will re-open our offices as soon as it is safe to do so.
This disruption to our workflow will most certainly affect our fundraising. The families we seek to serve are already vulnerable; many of them in positions at the forefront of the crisis — health care workers, civil servants, service sector employees; those to whom a missed paycheck can mean catastrophe. If you intended to volunteer, to visit the ReStore, or to donate – please show your support with a donation to keep us building a better place as we face down this pandemic.
Thank you for your continued support in staying safe and healthy during this challenging time. We will make it through this crisis, and it will make us stronger.
Blair Schleicher Wilson, Chief Executive Officer