131 Mountain Way, Morris Plains, New Jersey
Registration: 5:00 p.m.
5K Fun Run/Walk: 6:30 p.m.
Kids’ Fun Run to follow
Call 973.451.0143 for
“rain or shine.”
Do you want to make a huge difference in the lives of families in our communities? RPI design▪build, LLC, a local builder based in Morris County, and the Borough of Morris Plains “The Community of Caring,” will host a 5K Fun Run/Walk to benefit the affordable housing projects of Morris Habitat. More sponsors and more runners and walkers this year will help us surpass last year’s successful fund-raising total of $9500. See if you can beat the 2011 winning times of Pat McGoldrick of Morris Plains (first place overall with a time of 17:45.79) and Jenifer Martin of Brookside (first place female runner with a time of 19:21.74).
From the starting point of Trinity Lutheran Church, participants in the 5K will run or walk on a USA Track & Field marked course through the streets of Morris Plains. Following the 5K, there will be a Kids’ Fun Run for children ages 2-14.
If you pre-register by Wednesday, August 29, fees are $20 for the 5K and $10 for children ages 2-14. After August 29 through the day of the race, fees are $25 for the 5K and $15 for children ages 2-14.
T-shirts will be provided to all pre-registered participants. Children who pre-register for the Kids’ Fun Run will also receive a medal. Prizes will be awarded to the top female and male adults overall and by age groups. To encourage healthy lifestyles in our children, a cash prize will be awarded to the school with the most participants. Enjoy food, drinks and entertainment after the event.
Kids’ Fun Run Age Groups and Distances
|Under 4 years||25 yards|
|Age 4||50 yards|
|Ages 5 & 6||100 yards|
|Ages 7 & 8||200 yards|
|Ages 9 & 10||400 yards or 5K|
|Ages 11 - 14||1/4 mile or 5K|
2012 Share the Care Sponsors as of July 31
2012 Share the Care In-Kind Donors as of July 16
Directions to Trinity Lutheran Church, 131 Mountain Way, Morris Plains, NJ
- Take Rt. 287 to Rt. 10W/Dover (exit #39 from South, #39B from North).
- Make a left turn at 2nd light onto Littleton Road (Rt. 202) by using the U-turn and crossing back over Rt. 10 (the turn’s entrance is right before Wendy’s). Go about 2 miles until you come to the center of town.
- Go under the train tracks—be in the right lane and make the “slight right” onto Franklin Place (between Arthur’s Steak House and the Morris Plains Pharmacy).
- At the end of Franklin, make a right onto Mountain Way—the church is a few houses down on the right.
- If the church parking lot is full, you can return down Franklin Place almost to Littleton Road (Rt. 202). Park in a lot on the left side behind the Morris Plains T-Shirt Factory.