Aging In Place
The Home Repair Program’s Aging in Place component offers a special “Home Support for Seniors” program that makes accessibility and energy efficiency improvements for Morris County households with a member aged 62 and over. Volunteer teams work under the direction of Habitat staff and volunteer supervisors to make changes that will enable seniors to move around safely inside their homes and complete the routines of daily living. By doing this, the program will help senior residents continue to live in their own homes longer and maintain their independence. The program began in October 2016 with a Capacity Building grant from Habitat for Humanity International.
Getting started: 4 easy steps!
- Potential applicants should read the requirements for Aging in Place.
- Fill out the intake form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Once the application is received and reviewed, The Home Repair Program Coordinator will inspect the home to assess the project requirements and cost, which are added to the application.
- The applicant’s information and the project requirements and cost will be evaluated for qualification for the Aging in Place program. A status letter will be sent to the applicant within 30 days.
- Once funding is secured for eligible projects, a contract will be signed and work will be scheduled.